Thanks to all of the pyrotechnics at the first presidential debate on Monday night – and thanks to Donald Trump’s Chernobyl-style meltdown over his IRS records, his business history, his Iraq war position, and the like – it was easy to overlook the insane proposals put forward by Hillary Clinton.
Hillary openly advocated some of the most radical propositions in American history. Here are six of them.
1. “Profit-Sharing.” Clinton advocated making “the economy fairer.” In promoting that stupid notion – stupid, because mutually consensual exchange is by nature “fair” from any objective point of view – she pushed raising the national minimum wage (throwing thousands out of work) and “equal pay for women’s work” (read: unequal pay for the same work for men). But her truly insane line came next: “I also want to see more companies do profit-sharing. If you help create the profits, you should be able to share in them, not just the executives at the top.” Now, many companies already have so-called “profit sharing” – employees who own stock benefits. On a broad level, all companies have “profit sharing” – you have continued employment because your company earns a profit. You don’t have a share of every dollar of profit earned because you don’t get dinged for every loss. But Hillary seems to be advocating for a full-scale governmental intervention into every business in America – letting the feds decide how much employees should make in every industry. This is, as Dennis Prager pointed out today, economic fascism.
2. “Clean Energy.” Hillary proposed that we would have 10 million new jobs through government investment. This is hogwash. Obama made the same sort of claims about his green jobs programs, then later had to admit that his administration couldn’t even define a green job. When she says that we must deploy “half a billion more solar panels,” she’s operating in a fantasy universe where carbon based fuels are less efficient than solar power, as Trump rightly pointed out.
3. Everyone’s a Little Bit Racist. Hillary pushed the notion of “implicit bias” – a new psychological buzzword pushed by the academic left – to explain why more black people go to prison proportionately. She then suggested that everyone in America was racist: “I think implicit bias is a problem for everyone, not just police….But when it comes to policing, since it can have literally fatal consequences, I have said, in my first budget, we would put money into that budget to help us deal with implicit bias by retraining a lot of our police officers.” There are zero proven retraining programs regarding implicit bias, or even well-verified studies suggesting the consistent impact of so-called implicit bias on behavior – which is why no court will allow “evidence” of implicit bias. If everybody is racist, there’s no cure to racism, a constant excuse for Democrats to claim America is evil.
4. Let The Criminals Out. Hillary said that more criminals should be let out of prison, as well, and said she wanted to end private prisons – presumably without building new ones. She idiotically suggested that private prisons create a structure where you “have a profit motivation to fill prison cells with young Americans.” Since the owners of private prisons don’t do the policing, this makes zero sense whatsoever.
5. The Iran Deal Is Great! Hillary kept praising the disastrous Iran deal. Over and over. And over and over. It’s a garbage deal, and Hillary knows it. She claimed it put a lid on the Iranian nuclear program – false. She claimed that it contained Iran itself – false. She also said that it would have led to war if America blew an Iranian ship attempting to capture Americans out of the water. Trump rightly called this nonsense. Hillary pushed it forward anyway.
6. More Pay For Less Work For Women. Hillary dropped this line that most people missed while she slammed Trump for sexism: “this is a man who…has said women don’t deserve equal pay unless they do as good a job as men.” Why is that remotely controversial? Should women make the same amount of money for less work?
Hillary is a far-leftist. Trump’s inadequacies and stupidities don’t change that fact. Her radicalism is a true threat to the country.