Controversial gay conservative social media personality and Breitbart Tech Editor Milo Yiannopoulos has come under fire for what legal experts told The Daily Beast is the “unethical and possibly illegal” handling of his “Yiannapoulos Privilege Grant,” a charity for poor, young white men seeking a post-secondary education.

The allegations come after Canadian YouTube personality Margaret MacLennan, who was tasked with running the grant, posted a screenshot online of money transfer information for the charity showing that it is being directed to an account held by Yiannapoulos. Milo has since told The Daily Beast that, indeed, money from the charity — between $100,000 to $250,000 — is currently sitting in his account and not a penny of it has been given to any prospective white male students. He also told The Daily Beast Thursday that it is not yet a legal charity, but that his lawyers are currently drafting the paperwork.

“[E]xperts say that the way in which the ‘Yiannopoulos Privilege Grant’ accepted donations was unethical and possibly illegal,” write The Daily Beast’s Gideon Resnik and Ben Collins.

When Milo launched the charity on January 21, he said that the poor white men scholarships would be awarded in “early summer 2016,” yet so far the organization does not appear to have actually filed for tax-exempt status and certainly hasn’t awarded any of the 50 to 100 scholarships it promised.

“No scholarships have been awarded and the charity’s website shows there isn’t even a way for prospective students to apply for them,” note Resnik and Collins. “While the group vowed that an application page would open on the website by the spring of 2016, it has yet to appear as of this writing. The grant’s website currently states that ‘applications are not yet open’ and ‘please do not write to us if you are a prospective Grant applicant.’”

But Yiannopoulos says there’s an easy explanation for all of this: The response to the charity was so strong, they couldn’t keep up.

“The initial flurry of interest in the Privilege Grant, and my skyrocketing media profile, left us behind on logistics,” he told The Daily Beast on Thursday. The situation was made worse when MacLennon left the team, he suggested. To replace her, he announced a new administrative lead, Colin Madine.

The fallout between Milo and MacLennon got ugly this week when she alleged online that he was transferring money intended for the grant to his personal account, even posting a screenshot of what she claims is a document given to donors with instruction for wiring money.

Read the full report here.