On Monday, Hillary Clinton descended on the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) to pander to black Americans by bashing the police while telling black folks that every complaint they ever had about the cops is fully justified.
Hillary’s ham-handed approach to pandering has been well-established: whether she’s painting herself as a Hispanic abuela or Tweeting in fluent Spanish or pretending she carries around hot sauce to pander to black radio hosts, Hillary’s pandering is obvious and mechanical.
So it was no surprise that she uploaded her anti-cop database in preparation for speaking to the NAACP.
Here were her 11 worst moments:
1. Pushing Philando Castile And Alton Sterling As Examples Of American Racism. Mimicking the language of President Obama, Hillary trotted out the utterly evidence-free assertion that Castile and Sterling were shot for racial reasons: “So as the president has said, indeed as he exemplifies, we’ve come a long way, but you know and I know that we have so much further to go. We were cruelly reminded of that with the recent deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, two more black man killed in police incidents, this time in Louisiana and Minnesota.”
2. Equating Castile And Sterling’s Deaths With The Cop Assassinations. Hillary didn’t stop by just saying that the cops killed Sterling and Castile for racial reasons. She said equated their deaths – which may have been justified, given that we have no evidence – with the targeted assassinations of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge by black anti-white, anti-cop racists. After mentioning Sterling and Castile, she mentioned the Dallas and Baton Rouge massacres, then said, “This madness has to stop. Watching the news from Baton Rouge yesterday, my heart broke. Not just for those officers and their grieving families, but for all of us.”
3. Stating That The Police Are Biased. Without evidence again, Hillary said that the police were biased – and again cited Sterling and Castile. “The deaths of Alton and Philando drove home how urgently we need to make reforms to policing and criminal justice… how we cannot rest until we root out implicit bias and stop the killings of African-Americans,” she said, despite a new Harvard study showing that blacks are shot less often than whites in the same circumstances. That didn’t stop her from telling this whopper: “And let’s admit it, there is clear evidence that African- Americans are disproportionately killed in police incidents compared to any other group.” Factually false.
4. Explaining That The Tragedy Of The Anti-Cop Massacres Was That They’d Distract From Black Lives Matter. Here was Hillary: “[T]oday, there are people all across America sick over what happened in Baton Rouge and in Dallas, but also fearful that the murders of police officers means that vital questions about police-community relations will go unanswered. Now that is a reasonable fear, isn’t it?” No, actually, it isn’t. Perhaps in the aftermath of cop assassinations, Hillary should worry less about propping up false racial narratives and more about how to stop the assassination of cops. Changing her repulsive rhetoric might help.
5. Trotting Out False Cases Of Racism. She cited the Ferguson police department as racist (false). She brought up Sandra Bland, who committed suicide in police custody, as evidence that the police did a poor job in creating data on in-custody deaths. She called for independent investigations of police shootings – even though the DOJ’s own investigations of fatal attacks in the cases she cited exonerated the officers.
6. Labeling The Criminal Justice System Racist. Based on a number of false statistics, Hillary trotted out the old chestnut that the criminal justice system is racist. She talked about “mass incarceration,” as though there are millions of innocent young black men in jail because of their skin color. She brought up disparities between crack and powder cocaine sentencing, ignoring that inner city politicians originally called for crack cocaine sentencing lengthening and ignoring that crack and meth carry exactly the same penalties. She lied about the so-called “school-to-prison pipeline,” which does not exist.
7. Pushing Guns As The Cause of Black Death. Guns don’t kill young black men. Young black men pulling the trigger generally do. But Hillary said, “the wrong people, the wrong people keep getting their hands on guns, and not just any guns, military weapons like the kind the Dallas shooter had which allowed him to outgun the police.” She then cited Dallas Police Chief Brown as evidence that we need gun control – even though he didn’t call for gun control.
8. Pushing More Government Spending. Government spending hasn’t raised significant numbers of black people out of poverty. Approximately the same percentage of black people in America live below the poverty line as they did five years after the start of the so-called War on Poverty. But that didn’t stop her from saying we should throw money at the problem.
9. Backing Bad Loans Again. The economy crashed in 2007 thanks to mortgages handed out to minorities without a solid credit or earnings history. So naturally, Hillary wants to go back to those days: “That’s why plan includes steps to help more African-American families buy a home, which has always been one of the surest ways to build wealth and security for a family.” She wants bad business loans too, based on race: “And we will do more to support small business and black entrepreneurs to get access to capital.”
10. Blustering About White Privilege: Hillary then launched into an apologia about how white people have privilege black people simply don’t experience, despite affirmative action, preferred housing loan policy, and the like. No, she said, white people just have to understand: “We white Americans need to do a better job of listening when African-Americans talk about the seen and unseen barriers you face every day. We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume that our experiences are everyone’s experiences. We all need to try as best we can to walk in one another’s shoes, to imagine what it would be like to sit our son or daughter down and have the talk about how carefully they need to act around police because the slightest wrong move could get them hurt or even killed.” Or, perhaps, we could acknowledge that everyone in life starts off in a different position, but that in a free country, if we act responsibly and morally, we will thrive. We could recognize that the chief obstacle to young black people succeeding is their own choices, not some phantom racism that dominates American society. But that wouldn’t be politically convenient, would it?
11. Citing A Slain Baton Rouge Officer. Hillary cited the Facebook post of a slain Baton Rouge police officer: “That, my friends, is the strength of America, men like Montrell Jackson. Despite all our challenges, that spirit of love and community must guide us still. We have to heal the divides that remain, make the United States what it should be; stronger and fairer, more opportunity for every one of our people.” Hillary has invited the mother of Michael Brown, a strong-arm robber and attempted cop-killer, to speak at the Democratic National Convention. She has no right to invoke the sanctity of cops.
Hillary’s a race-baiter par excellence. And she won’t stop so long as she can win 95 percent of the black vote by pandering.