Socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) tried to suggest a "GOP" lawmaker was being creepy for taking a picture next to a poster cutout of her and ended up being widely mocked for not realizing that the lawmaker was actually a Democrat.
The Kentucky Republican Party posted a picture of Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) next to a cutout poster of Ocasio-Cortez in a tweet, writing: "#ThrowbackThursday last month the socialists threatened the lone #Kentucky #Democrat in Congress if he didn't bend to their radical, extremist will: looks like @AOC and #socialism are calling the shots for @KyDems now!"
Ocasio-Cortez responded: "Nobody: [silence] GOP: Let’s pose our older male members next to cardboard cutouts of young female legislators."
Just a few minutes before Ocasio-Cortez embarrassed herself on Twitter, she was attacking Republicans for "bad-faith attacking" her ideas, claiming that Republicans were behaving like "1st grade readers."
Ocasio-Cortez was widely mocked for her not knowing who her Democrat colleagues in Congress were and eventually deleted the tweet.
"That's John Yarmuth," Nate Madden tweeted. "He's your own party's budget chair."
"The old white guy in that picture isn't a Republican," Sean Davis tweeted. "He's John Yarmouth, one of your Democrat congressional colleagues."
Davis added: "Nobody: [silent] AOC: iM sMaRt i cAn hAnDLe tHiNgS"
"That's actually the Kentucky delegation's sole Democrat @RepJohnYarmuth -- who was at the Democratic gubernatorial primary debate last night," Lesley Clark tweeted.
Clark went on to point out that the situation for Ocasio-Cortez was even more embarrassing, considering the fact that she is a co-sponsor of legislation introduced by Yarmuth earlier this month — and Yarmuth is also a member of the Progressive Caucus.
"[email protected] is a co-sponsor of @RepJohnYarmuth legislation that would halt all new mountaintop coal removal mining permits until federal officials investigate potential health effects," Clark wrote. "@RepJohnYarmuth is not only a Democrat, he's a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, though he's lately found himself whipsawed between leadership and the new crop of progressives."
Ocasio-Cortez's latest embarrassing moment on social media comes after she stated two weeks ago that she was cutting back on social media after she suggested that it was taking a toll on her.
Here are just a few examples of the social media posts that have generated negative headlines for Ocasio-Cortez:
- Ocasio-Cortez uses the Holocaust to defend anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)
- Ocasio-Cortez Defends Omar's 9/11 Comments By Mocking War Hero Dan Crenshaw
- Ocasio-Cortez Pushes Conspiracy Theories, Says Homeland Security Stole ‘1000s Of Children’
- Ocasio-Cortez Comes Up With New Excuse For Accent Labeled As Racist, Pandering By Critics
- Ocasio-Cortez: U.S. Deliberately Drugging Kids In Cages Due To 'Their National Origin'
- TINFOIL HAT: Ocasio-Cortez Convinced 'Far-Right' Conspiracy Is Ruining Her
- Ocasio-Cortez Explodes After Learning Her 'Unfavorable' Rating Has Skyrocketed
- Ocasio-Cortez Gets Slammed For Politicizing Terror Attack, Mocking Prayer, Blaming NRA
- 'UGLY RACIST TWEET': Ocasio-Cortez Slammed For Promoting Bigotry
- Ocasio-Cortez: People Maybe Shouldn’t Reproduce Due To Climate Change
- Ocasio-Cortez Explodes Over People Saying She ‘Didn’t Understand’ Amazon Deal
- WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Doesn't Understand Difference Between Berlin Wall, Border Wall
- Ocasio-Cortez Is 'Proud' Of Ilhan Omar After Omar Promoted Anti-Semitism
- WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Attacks ICE After Illegal MS-13 Gangster Allegedly Murdered Someone In Her District
- Ocasio-Cortez Gets In Twitter Feud With WaPo Fact-Checker; Facts Win, But AOC Claims Victory Anyhow
- MELTDOWN: Ocasio-Cortez Explodes After Fact-Check, Doesn't Want To Be Held To Same Standards As Trump