If there’s a heaven for Donald Trump, it’s definitely a Hall of Mirrors.
The 21st century Narcissus carries stacks of news clips about himself, even at home. He’s obsessed with himself to the point where he even cheapened the national dialogue by protesting that his penis wasn’t small.
Here’s a list of comments where the God-King has boasted of his Supposed Greatness:
- “I've made billions of billions of dollars making deals all over the world.”
- “Donald Trump is maybe the best interview there is anywhere that he’s ever done.”
- “Everything I’ve done virtually has been a tremendous success.”
- “I have a very good brain.”
- “People are very, very, impressed with what I’ve done. The business people.”
- "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?”
- “I’ve got to give to them, because when I want something, I get it. When I call, they kiss my ass.”
- On his sexual escapades and escaping STDs: “It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier."
- “I did more. I stole his girlfriend.”
- “Nobody reads the Bible more than me.”
And, of course, the truest boast of all: “I will take care of women. I respect women. I will take care of women.”
His constant series of insults and outrageous statements are simply reflective of his insatiable need for attention and vainglorious attempts to raise the stakes of his fame.
Trump’s narcissism is so overpowering that he cannot bear being ignored. His constant series of insults and outrageous statements are simply reflective of his insatiable need for attention and vainglorious attempts to raise the stakes of his fame. For him, running for president is simply the next step in furthering his celebrity status.
What will he do when he fails?