The Republican National Committee released a new ad on Thursday highlighting the political Left as "an unhinged mob" as Democratic leaders have called for incivility and used violent rhetoric in recent days.
The new campaign ad comes as the 2018 midterm elections are less than a month away and as leftist groups have caused unease around the country with their increasingly mob-like behavior.
Recent examples of mob violence from the political Left includes:
- A Democratic terrorist and Bernie Sanders supporter who tried to mass murder GOP lawmakers at a baseball practice in 2017.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) being attacked at his home by his Democratic neighbor.
- Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters (CA) urging people to harass Trump administration officials.
- Far-left groups forcing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen from restaurants while they were eating with their families.
- Democratic Sen. Cory Booker (NJ) calling for people to "get up in the face" of members of Congress.
- Obama-era Attorney General Eric Holder saying: "When they go low, we kick them."
- Two-time failed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton saying that Democrats "cannot be civil" towards Republicans.
- Far-left activists pounding on the doors of the Supreme Court during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing.
"We know passions are high in this country but when you have leaders for the Democratic Party escalating that, it is going to lead to something dangerous," RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel told The Daily Wire. "This is a time where leaders of the Democrat Party need to tamp down these passions."