Second Amendment advocates frequently point out that many pushing for "common sense" gun control simply don't understand guns and current gun laws and thus offer "common sense" solutions that simply aren't based on reality. Can we really fix the "gun show loophole" if the "gun show loophole" doesn't actually exist? How do we ban all automatic weapons if they're already banned? How about clamping down on "rapid-fire magazines" or those pesky "heat-seeking bullets"?
The Washington Free Beacon had some fun this week at the expense of Democrats and their gun control activist allies in the media by producing an entertaining and at times head-scratching "supercuts" video appropriately titled "Democrats, Media Just Don't Know Guns." A few highlights:
- Democrat Debbie Wasserman Schultz discussing the danger of "high-capacity, rapid-fire magazines."
- Democratic Senator Martin Heinrich decrying "gas-assisted receiver firearms."
- Obama reasonably calling for getting "automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers" out of bad guys' hands.
- CNN's instantly infamous "full semi-automatic" AR-15.
- "Jumbo clips."
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson calling out a congresswoman for having no idea what she's voting on.
- Hillary Clinton simply wanting to "protect toddlers from guns."
- Obama declaring it's "easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book."
- Democrat Dianne Feinstein claiming that it's "legal to hunt humans" . . .