Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is one step closer to standing before a judge and jury over allegations of sexual abuse.

According to Deadline, the LAPD has kicked three cases of sexual abuse against Weinstein over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office where they will determine whether to prosecute.

“Three cases of sexual abuse were submitted to us by the Los Angeles police and they are under review,” confirmed spokesman Greg Risling in Jackie Lacey’s office.

As to when the District Attorney's office will make a decision on whether to prosecute Weinstein, no dates have been put forward. Statute of limitations pertaining to sex crimes have a 10-year status period. Speaking with Deadline, a law enforcement officer said the department is “very confident these are solid and actionable cases.”

In late 2017, the now retiring LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said to expect "some progress on the more high-profile” sexual assault cases in early 2018. More from Deadline:

Representatives for the much accused and disgraced Weinstein did not respond to request for comment on the matter now before the L.A. County D.A. As allegations mounted after the New York Times’ October 5 expose of the Oscar winning producer apparent decades of sexual misconduct, Weinstein drafted criminal attorney Blair Berk on October 11 last year to take point for him. Weinstein has consistently denied that he was involved in any non-consensual activity despite the dozens and dozens of women claiming otherwise.

Currently, the LAPD, the NYPD, UK police and the Beverly Hills police are all investigating claims of rape and otherwise against the Pulp Fiction producer. The BHPD submitted a duo of cases to Lacey’s office themselves in January.

As the allegations against Weinstein catapulted into the national consciousness, the L.A. County D.A. office offered to assemble a special task force to look into allegations of sexual assault in the entertainment industry.