Leftist students at Sarah Lawrence College — which costs about $54,000 per year without residency or health insurance and about $65,000 with residency and health insurance — recently called on peers to pay female feminist campus agitators for their “emotional labor.”
Targeted student donors were asked to contribute to 17 Sarah Lawrence College students via Venmo, an online money-transfer service; most of the intended benefactors are non-white students.
A Facebook post soliciting donations for student feminists and non-white female students described the endeavor as serving “Women’s History Month”:
In honor of Women’s History Month, and the labor that women and femmes of color do for Sarah Lawrence every month of the year … Give your $ to Women & Femmes of Color.
The Facebook post also alleged the widespread commission of “hate crimes” against “black and Muslim students" across the campus.
Responses to the Facebook post, presumably from leftist female students, lamented “systemic problems” while soliciting funds for feminist and non-white female students; see examples below (names redacted).
1. Also since W&FOC are still using our emotional labor to discuss this as nobody gives a shit about the systemic problems at this school, give your $$$.
2. PAY THEM BOTH! SERIOUSLY EVERYONE PAY BOTH … NOW!
3. A— A———, you are a FUCKING. HORRIBLE. PERSON. BITCH. I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU. AT ALL. GOOD. I HOPE U CRY INTO UR PILLOW AT NIGHT LIKE Y’ALL MAKE WOMEN DO EVERYDAY. I HOPE U QUESTION UR REALITY AND I HOPE U CHECK BEHIND U WHEN U WALK PLACES
4. Please pay J—– and K—- for their labor, preferably over 30$. The community is watching you and holding you accountable.
5. Pay up. Pay Money. Pay ur money. Ur money isn’t urs. You’re both assholes. Pay K—- and J— at least $30.
The College Fix describes Sarah Lawrence College as a “progressive and tolerant” institution. It is located in a southern suburb of New York City.
H/T Dylan Croll at The College Fix.
Follow Robert Kraychik on Twitter.