The Black Lives Matter movement initially emerged via social media, coming in the form of a #BlackLivesMatter hashtag in direct response to perceived racial injustices, such as the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the case concerning Trayvon Martin back in 2012. However, since its rise, the movement (which obviously includes black and white members) has become increasingly political and riddled with violence and scandal which have chipped away at any legitimacy the movement may have left.
Here are top ten times that the movement’s “activists” have delegitimized their own cause (in no particular order as they are all extremely offensive and counterproductive in their own right):
1. In response to the acquittal and total exoneration of law enforcement office Darren Wilson, who was in an altercation with Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, ending tragically in Brown’s death, movement members set the city on fire. Innocent people had their businesses trashed and looted while the peaceful people of Missouri (black and white alike) woke up to their city in shambles and literally on fire.
2. Black Lives Matter protesters also have been known to call for “dead cops” on multiple occasions. After the death of Eric Garner, protesters lined the streets of New York City with chants of: “What do we want?” “Dead Cops!” “When do we want them?” “Now!”
Here, Black Lives Matter protesters are chanting “Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon!”
3. Activists directly tied to BLM have even promoted segregation at the University of Missouri in the form of a “blacks only healing space” where white “allies” and sympathizers of their cause were kicked out. This counterproductive move was in response to perceived “racial injustices” and “white privilege” at the college. This was no doubt a slap in the face of past Civil Rights activists who had spent their lives pushing for the exact opposite.
4. In a disgusting display of behavior, BLM activists took to Twitter after the horrific terror attacks in Paris, which left 130 people dead, to lament about the attention from their “cause” being taken away with the “#FuckParis” hash tag.
5. Along with calls for “dead cops” also came the demand for the “lynching” of “white people” by movement activists. This may seem unfathomable, but here’s the radio audio to prove it:
6. The movement, being increasingly political, has some disturbing ties to violent communist revolutionaries and their dangerous ideals. “At a recent event for female bloggers, Black Lives Matter leaders had a crowd of thousands repeating lines from a letter written by Shakur that include an explicit reference to the Communist Manifesto,” reports Lee Stranahan. (Assata Shakur, a convicted cop-killer who has since escaped and fled to Cuba, has serious ties to Communistic activism.) Communist flags have also been seen at Black Lives Matter protests.
7. BLM activists have also been known to demonize anyone who dares claim that all lives matter. We have seen this multiple times, but the most recent occurrence was soon after the Paris terror attacks; Jared Leto spoke at the American Music Awards and proclaimed that “France matters,” “Syrian matters” and the “entire world matters” but was instantaneously denounced by BLM activists.
8. Activists have even attacked their “own.” This summer Black Lives Matter activists bullied Bernie Sanders (who submissively allowed this to happen) off of his own rally stage. The sad, pathetic event, again, seems wildly counterproductive.
“Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon!”
Black Lives Matter protesters, referring to police
9. When a black Harlem cop, Randolph Holder, was murdered in cold blood, BLM supporters disgustingly cheered the news outside of a Harlem hospital.
10. Lastly and most recently, “activists” have ignored barriers in Chicago at a “peaceful” protest, ripping off the lights on a public Christmas tree while screaming: “F*ck your Christmas tree.” (How this serves justice is still a mystery.)
The Black Lives Matter crowd has continuously undermined its own cause; with the mainstream media’s complicit behavior and the support of influential politicians from Barak Obama on down to the support of influential celebrities, the destructive movement has no end in sight.