President Trump sent the Left into a frenzy after he officially announced on Thursday that the U.S. was withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement.
In doing so, Trump fulfilled a campaign promise on an agreement that would have had little effect on global temperatures but would have inflicted severe damage to the U.S. economy. But that hasn’t stopped leftists from acting like armageddon is imminent.
Here are the eleven most over-the-top responses to Trump’s climate accord announcement.
1. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) called the move “an assault on communities of color.”
Pulling out of the Paris Agreement would be a massive step back for racial justice, and an assault on communities of color across the U.S.
— ACLU National (@ACLU) June 1, 2017
Only the Left would somehow lump climate change in with racism.
2. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) tweeted out an apology to the planet.
— Tom Steyer (@TomSteyer) May 29, 2017
4. The Huffington Post published this hysterical headline:
HuffPo right now: “TRUMP TO PLANET: DROP DEAD” pic.twitter.com/q2pSyy805h
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) June 1, 2017
5. Vice News editor Chelsey Coombs tweeted that our children will all die.
your kids are gonna die from climate change after we pull out of the paris climate deal too!! pic.twitter.com/gTHj11PNbg
— c b c (@chelseybcoombs) June 1, 2017
6. Trita Parsi of the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) tweeted that Trump is an enemy to all humanity.
— Trita Parsi (@tparsi) June 1, 2017
7. CNN’s Fareed Zakaria said that America is no longer “the leader of the free world.” “If it proves to be what we think it is, this will be the day that the United States resigned as the leader of the free world,” Zakaria bloviated. “It’s nothing short of that. The irresponsibility of this act is breathtaking.”
What would actually make America no longer the leader of the free world is if the country retreats into an isolationist foreign policy, not withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord.
8. Democratic congressional candidate Jon Ossoff stated that “history will condemn us” for leaving the Paris Climate Accord.
9. Elon Musk decided to leave Trump’s advisory council.
Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 1, 2017
There’s really only one proper response to this:
bye felicia https://t.co/C8ko6JKYuj
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) June 1, 2017
10. John Kerry called it “self-destructive.”
11. Deray Mckesson cried racism.
Mckesson’s response does encapsulate the true reason for the Left’s hysteria: it’s not about climate change, it’s really about them being triggered over another piece of Barack Obama’s legacy being undone. The cult of Obama will throw a hissy fit over Trump dismantling any of Obama’s policies.
H/T: The Federalist