Posted: February 29, 2016
- Contact Information
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Opt-out Procedures
- Information Security
- Credit Card Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Information About Children
- Links to Other Materials
ATTN: Customer Service
PO Box 1644
Cisco Tx 76437
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website (TheDailyWire.com or ForwardPublishing.com) and related FP webpages (the “Site”).
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Information We Collect
As you use the Site, FP may ask you for certain information, including but not limited to your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Such information is provided voluntarily by you. In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself; however, you must provide personal information in order to subscribe to FP email alerts or register with the Site.
When you subscribe to FP’s paid content and set up an account we also may ask you for additional information to complete the transaction and register you for the paid content, such information may include without limitation your name, birthdate, mailing and billing address, zip code, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
Additionally, FP and our advertising partners may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site, including but not limited to the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and aggregate data about the pages visited. FP and our advertising partners may use this information and connect this information with your personal information such as your name or email address to identify you and provide you with content that may be relevant to you. For more information, please see the following section.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
FP may collect user personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather information passively on the Site for behavioral advertising purposes.
We utilize third-party advertising companies to place advertisements on our website. These companies may implement cookies and other online tracking technologies to determine information about your visits to this website to determine what advertisements to show you.
Additionally, some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your transactions or communications with us.
- To provide you with information that may be relevant to you from our advertising partners.
- To allow our advertising partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about products and services from FP and from our business partners that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the opt-out procedures described in the Opt-Out Procedures.
Sharing Your Information
FP does not sell, trade, or disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties except as set forth herein.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of FP assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personally identifiable information held by FP about the Site users is among the assets affected.
- To our affiliates and advertising partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third party advertising companies to provide targeted advertisements on the Site.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FP, our customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Site users without restriction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by FP or our third party providers to promote products or services of FP or our third party providers, you can opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails regarding your transactions or updates to our policies.
FP has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and FP is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Credit Card Information
FP does not store your credit card information when you subscribe to our services. FP partners with third party providers to process credit card transactions. FP uses Recurly to process credit card transactions. Recurly is a PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant credit card payment service provider. Recurly protects your sensitive subscription information using security practices that meet or exceed industry-standard payment security practices.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
FP email subscribers may review or modify their contact information on file at the via their website account login or by contacting us at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom FP has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any personal information FP may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, FP is allowed to provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing.
FP has opted to provide you with a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing. If you do not want FP to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please follow the opt-out procedures set forth above.
You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org instructing us to no longer share your personal information with third parties who will use it for direct marketing purposes. Please also include your name and all of the postal addresses and email addresses that you have provided to us.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Information About Children
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We will not request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 18. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided personally identifiable information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and remove his or her personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Materials