Michigan's Republican National Committee committeeman will be introducing a resolution featuring articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama during the RNC's January 13-15 meetings.
Dave Agema told The Daily Wire that he will introduce the resolution of 48 criminal charges written by the North American Law Center to the RNC, and the resolution will call on House Republicans to begin the impeachment process.
"It's simply asking our House of Representatives...to abide by their oath of office and accomplish what they should do," Agema said.
Some of Obama's impeachable offenses include his executive orders on guns, illegal immigration, Syrian refugee program, Obamacare, gun-running, and spying on Congress, according to Agema.
"The way it works is one House of Representatives member puts in impeachment articles for the House and it starts the process," Agema said. "Recently, we didn't own the House and the Senate, but Republicans do now, and the purpose of it really is we're a nation of laws and separation of powers."
Agema explained that one House member could write up the impeachment articles, which would then go to the House Judiciary Committee, which has 23 Republicans and requires only 20 votes to make it to the House floor. It would take 218 House members to pass, and there are 246 Republicans in the House. If the House votes to impeach Obama, then the Senate would serve as a jury and would require a two-thirds vote of present senators to remove the president from office.
Agema also pointed out there would be co-conspirators named in Obama's lawless actions, including Vice President Joe Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and in the public setting of an impeachment trial the latter's presidential campaign would be negatively affected.
"It lets the president, Obama, know that we're not going to put up with his ability to go around the Constitution. Secondly, it warns any future president that he doesn't have that right either, and it encourages the base to get involved," Agema said.
The committeeman also said that the GOP owes this to its grassroots base.
"A lot of them have been disenfranchised by the lack of leadership and the lack of aggression to go after some of these things, especially when it comes to Obamacare and funding Planned Parenthood," Agema said.
In a Facebook post, TNALC naturally expressed support for Agema and went over some "common false objections" to impeachment:
- We don’t have the votes to impeach! – Why not, since we only need 20 of 23 Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee to advance Articles to the full House, only 218 of 247 House Republicans to Impeach in the House… no democrats needed until the Senate trial.
- The Senate won’t convict! – We need 2/3 of the senators “present” at the end of the trial in order to convict and remove. The Senate is NOT a “legislative” body under legislative rules in the case of impeachment. They are a “criminal jury” operating under very strict Rules similar to any criminal jury. NO “co-conspirator” can sit on the jury…. How many Senators will be “present” at the end of the trial?
- We will get Joe Biden! – No… because Joe Biden was directly involved in every Obama crime, he is ineligible to succeed Obama to the Oval Office. Evidence presented in the Obama trial will demonstrate Biden’s complicity, as well and that of Hillary Clinton.
- What about the Court of Public Opinion? – An impeachment trial must be aired on open TV for the nation and world to see. The court of public opinion is more important that the Senate Jury, who will be swayed by the Court of Public Opinion.
- Big donors don’t matter, compared to the voters! – No matter how many millions a handful of GOP donors pour into the 2016 election -- it will not result in votes in the election booth. Republicans must regain the faith of their voters, which they cannot do at this point without impeachment of President Obama!