On Thursday night, left-wing comedian and host Chelsea Handler asked if we can trade democratically elected President Donald Trump for murderous North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un.
Yes, in the age of Trump, sanity is a thing of the past on the Left.
Handler wrote via Twitter that Kim's letter to President Trump "is a bit more sane" than Trump. "Maybe we trade?"
To put this asinine statement into perprective, here's a list of just some of the atrocities committed by Kim via Breslanta:
- People in prison camps were starved to death, then had their bodies burned and disposed of, usually by other prisoners. These and other acts drew comparisons to the war crimes committed by the Nazis in World War II. (New York Daily News)
- One former prisoner mentioned a time he was so hungry that he found, and ate, kernels of corn he found in cow dung. (National Post)
- In areas where winter temperatures can drop as low as -40º, prisoners were forced to sleep in cramped quarters with no heat or blankets. (National Post)
- Children are tortured from the age of 13. (National Post)
- Torture devices are frequently used on prisoners. People are hung upside-down by their feet, from the ceiling, for multiple days at a time. Teeth are broken. (National Post)
- Mothers were forced to drown their own babies. (Daily Mail)
- Following some executions, prison guards forced prisoners to throw stones at the corpse until the skin fell off. (Daily Mail)
- Rats, frogs, snakes and insects are eaten by starving prisoners, if they can find them while doing slave labor in the fields. Rats are a hugely important meal to the prisoners, as they can fight a disease called pellagra, which is caused by low protein and niacin levels. (Daily Mail)
- Gas chambers and medical experimentation were used in similar ways as WWII concentration camps. (Rapture Forums)
Handler was reacting to a statement released by Kim on Thursday in response to Trump's powerful United Nations remarks.
"Far from making remarks of any persuasive power that can be viewed to be helpful to defusing tension, he made unprecedented rude nonsense one has never heard from any of his predecessors," said Kim. "A frightened dog barks louder."
The totalitarian tyrant also called Trump a "dotard," "a frightened dog," and a "gangster fond of playing with fire."
Handler quickly found herself on Team Kim, because what's a little murder and starvation of your own people when Trump wants to protect American sovereignty by building a wall? He hit Evil Trump, therefore Kim is good.
In fact, a massive chunk of leftist Twitter was disturbingly praising Kim because he dissed Trump, a man who had the audacity to win the 2016 election against Queen Hillary Clinton (much worse a crime than genocide, apparently).
Of course, Handler has reneged on her promise during the campaign to leave the United States if Trump won the election. I hear North Korea is lovely this time of year, and she's already a fan of Kim ...