During an interview on ABC's Nightline, 24-year-old political firebrand Tomi Lahren complained that her "former employer," The Blaze, won't let her go.
"To my former employer, I would just say, 'Let me go; let me move on. I'm deeply hurt by what has happened; I'm disappointed in what has happened, but if this is the way that it is, let's just part ways, cleanly,'" Lahren told ABC. "I just want to work and have the freedom to put my voice out there."
Here's the problem: Lahren is still under contract with the conservative media platform until September 30 of this year, and still being paid, according to a statement from The Blaze. Additionally, Lahren is reportedly suing The Blaze for "wrongful termination," which her employer called a "puzzling" move, since she has not been fired.
"It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her," The Blaze told ABC in a statement.
Lahren was "banned permanently" from The Blaze at the end of March after the commentator suggested pro-life conservatives are hypocrites during an appearance on feminist haven The View earlier that month.
"I'm pro-choice, and here's why," Larhen said during the appearance. "I’m someone that’s for limited government. So I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies."
Lahren has since stood by her pro-choice position, explaining that she will never stop speaking "her truth" and informing ABC that she's personally against the murder of unborn children but doesn't think the government should prevent other women from killing their unborn babies before they are "viable."