Anti-Science Michelle Obama: This Is 'What Not Having Hope Feels Like'
During an appearance with Oprah Winfrey Friday, First Lady Michelle Obama, who was obviously commenting on the end of her husband's failed presidency and the beginning of the Trump-era (my two favorite words after "TV time"), suggested that Americans now know what it is to live without hope:
We feel the difference now. See, now, we are feeling what not having hope feels like. Hope is necessary. It's a necessary concept and Barack didn't just talk about hope because he thought it was just a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believe that -- what else do you have if you don't have hope. What do you give your kids if you can't give them hope?
Let me first point out that nothing gives me more pleasure than the complete and utter despair we are seeing from the Left and the National Media. Christmas came early on November 8th, and this never-ending sore-losering is the gift that keeps right on giving.
I haven't seen Democrats this upset since Republicans ended Jim Crow.
But that's just opinion. My real issue with the First Lady (who I am a fan of), is how wrong she is on the facts. The science does not lie on this issue. Trump's victory has resulted in a rising wave of Hope all across these fruited plains.
- The stock market is on fire. No fewer than 15 records have been broken since the election.
- The dollar is at a 13-year high, based on expectations of economic growth.
- Economic confidence has taken a real leap to a nine-year high.
- Despite our corrupt media's never-ending campaign against him, Trump's favorability rating is on the rise.
- Numerous companies have committed or signaled a renewed commitment to keeping or creating tens of thousands of jobs right here in America.
- Homebuilding sentiment has spiked.
- Our most crucial job-creators, small business-owners, are feeling The Hope.
- The military sure seems hopeful.
- Consumer confidence is soaring.
Need I go on?
Yeah, the Democrats and their hideous media are bummed and butthurt, but if you take a look outside the Elite Establishment Bubble, if you spend a little time in the Real World, after eight years of President SlowGrowth running around apologizing for America and breaking the law with his phone and pen, out here, a spring has finally returned to our step.
The science on this issue is settled, the scientific consensus is unanimous.
The Obamas are supposed to be all about The Science, but what we have here is Michelle-O engaging in anti-science Hope-Denial.
Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC